Thursday, September 20, 2007

Josh from North Carolina


When I was at the YMCA here in Charlotte I was about 3 years old and I wanted to know where my papou was (a.k.a. grandfather in Greek). My mom said 'he is in heaven' and I wanted to be with him but I didn't really know that much about God.

So my mom told me how to get saved and I thought that getting saved was, for example, if you were falling off a cliff God would come and save you.


But in kindergarten I was i
n class and my teacher told me about God and heaven and all about becoming a Christian. She said: 'If you want to be saved come to the front of the class and we'll pray together and ask God into our hearts'. So I did that and now I know that being saved means 'to go heaven when you die'.


My favorite Bible verse is Joshua 1:6 which says 'Be strong and courageous for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them'.

Now that I am a Christian I try to tell people about God and to tell them that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and how to become a Christian.

(Pictured above, me playing poker for rocks with my friends.)

No comments: